VISX Star S4 IR Laser
The VISX STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System is designed to bring Advanced CustomVue™ laser vision correction to life. Featuring VSS Refractive™ technology (Variable Spot Scanning) and VRR™ (Variable Repetition Rate) pulse-packing algorithm, both proprietary to AMO, the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser reduces thermal effects on the cornea, allowing you to perform the Advanced CustomVue procedure quickly and effectively, while maximizing patient safety.
Using the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System, surgeons can deliver the broadest range of wavefront-guided laser vision correction treatments to patients. In fact, more than 94 percent of eligible candidates in the U.S., and more than 99.75 percent outside the U.S., may potentially benefit from the Advanced CustomVue procedure.
Benefits of VISX Star S4 IR Laser
- Delivers benefits of Iris Registration (IR). -Conserves tissue by optimizing treatment times and minimizing thermal effects on the cornea.
- Minimizes additional time for wavefront-guided custom treatment over conventional treatment.
- Eliminates the need for dilation; laser tracks on the natural pupil.
- Maximizes practice efficiency and workflow through ease of use and ergonomics.
- Adjusts for intra-patient (XYZ) movement with ActiveTrak™ to further improve treatment accuracy.
* Reference: Abbot Medical